- The questions are unobtrusive, i.e. like a friend asking a question (nonjudgmental).
- Questions are random – no set pattern from the user’s perspective.
- The user’s answers are kept private.
- The user can answer the questions at their own pace and location.
- The answers provided feed into an algorithm based on the current evidence and healthcare recommendations.
- The app educates the user on issues identified.
- The app engages the user and makes the user a partner in their healthcare.
- Able to send individualized scannable codes to populate user’s smart device on when and where to get specific services.
- The app identifies issues sooner rather than later.
- The application utilizes the patient’s location and time to send service recommendations and notifications.
- Example: confirm BMI while in your primary care provider’s office or during flu season while in a retail pharmacy to inquire about getting a flu vaccine.
- Age, sex will trigger specific health recommendations.